Netsonic and GDPR
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Netsonic is 100% committed to data protection and the protection of client data. That’s why we welcome the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as the GDPR), which was recently approved and adopted by the European Union (EU).
What is the GDPR?
The GDPR is a regulation intended to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the EU. It aims to protect the fundamental right to privacy and the protection of personal data.
Netsonic and the GDPR
Customer trust is our absolute top priority. We know that our 120 million users worldwide care deeply about their privacy and data security.
We have worked with a team of experts and have implemented the required adjustments to our products, services, and documentation, to ensure compliance with the GDPR. This empowers Netsonic customers to get more control over their personal data and gain the tools necessary to protect the information of visitors to Netsonic sites.
We are dedicated to data protection and have effectively reinforced this over the past 23 years.
What are we doing to ensure data protection for all our customers?
- We employ full-time security administrators, dedicated to the security of our customer information.
- Netsonic is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) compliant as a level 1 service provider and merchant. This standard helps create a secure environment by increasing cardholder data, thus reducing credit card fraud. We regularly perform internal security audits to maintain our ISO/PCI security certifications.
- Netsonic's signup and login services are completed through a secure server (HTTPS/SSL).Netsonic uses cryptography hash functions to protect your information. Your password is stored as a hash digest and, in the event of a security breach, your original password cannot be recovered from our servers.
- Netsonic is compliant under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, and therefore adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles.
In accordance with the GDPR, site visitors have the right to access their data or "be forgotten" (to be permanently deleted from our databases).
- The GDPR gives the individuals the right to access, which means the individuals will have the right to to obtain the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose and to receive a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format.
- Admin can receive requests to provide the personal data of both current and former customers (who don't have the ability to access the client portal any longer and whose data has been anonymized)
- The GDPR gives individuals the right to be forgotten – individuals will have the right to have their personal data erased and to cease further dissemination of the data, and potentially have third parties halt processing of the data.
- Netsonic clients have the right to delete all service related data and personal data stored at Netsonic in the event of account cancellation or termination. This can all be accomplished when logged into the Netsonic portal located at https://cbill.netsonic.net or via request at any time.