CloudLinux Server 5.5 x64 Apache image notes
CloudLinux with Apache installed
CloudLinux is an operating system (OS) that is commercially supported and compatible with the most popular RPM-based distribution on the market..
Apache Apache Hypertext Transfer Protocol Server.
CloudLinux delivers better efficiency and stability to drive a more profitable operation for shared hosting providers and datacenters.
The service version (shown in native reported format ) is:
# /usr/sbin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Server built: Apr 4 2010 14:04:05
Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:3
Server loaded: APR 1.2.7, APR-Util 1.2.7
Compiled using: APR 1.2.7, APR-Util 1.2.7
Server MPM: Prefork
forked: yes (variable process count)
Apache server is configured to start at the VM boot time. To change the status, please use service: run a System V init script, and chkconfig: updates and queries runlevel information for system services.
Apache and CloudLinux LVE settings and configuration
The server is configured with:
- mod_hostinglimits - LVE limits for apache
mod_hostinglimits works with existing cgi/php modules, to put them into LVE context. It can switch user/group of apache process (making PHP run under user context) via LVE.
Please take a look into it configuration file /etc/httpd/conf.d/modhostinglimits.conf and find more about module configuration options at http://www.cloudlinux.com/docs/mod_hostinglimits_lve.php
- mod_sucgid - high performance CGI daemon
mod_sucgid is a cross between suExec and mod_cgid. It runs CGI scripts more efficiently via daemon process, but it runs them under correct user id/group id, in similar way to suExec
Please take a look into it configuration file /etc/httpd/conf.d/modsucgid.conf and find more about module configuration options at http://www.cloudlinux.com/docs/mod_sucgid.php
- mod_fcgid - FastCGI for LVE
mod_fcgid is CloudLinux packages modified version of mod_fcgid, that supports LVE
Please take a look into it configuration file /etc/httpd/conf.d/mod_fcgid.conf and find more about module configuration options at http://www.cloudlinux.com/docs/fastcgilve.php
You will get the following warning in case the module is installed but not enabled (by default):
# /etc/init.d/httpd restart
Stopping httpd: [ OK ]
Starting httpd: [Thu Feb 18 08:38:51 2010] [notice] sucgid: LVE is disabled
[Thu Feb 18 08:38:51 2010] [notice] mod_fcgid: LVE is disabled
[ OK ]
To avoid it, just turn on the module. Set EnableLVE On in the config file.
Regular Apache settings and configuration
The server is configured:
- with default settings, please consult the on-line docs for your own settings and change /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf if required
- to serve https connections. Please reffer to /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf configuration file which provides SSL support.
- with Mod_perl - a Perl interpreter into the Apache web server. Configuration file is /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf
- with php5_module - a PHP interpreter version 5 module. Configuration file is /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf
- with Mod_python module - the Python language interpreter. Configuration file is /etc/httpd/conf.d/python.conf
For more server settings, plaese check *.conf configuration files from /etc/httpd/conf.d directory.