How much control do I have over my servers?
Virtual machine management
You will have full control over your virtual machine, night or day. You can create, start, stop or delete virtual machines directly from the web-based control panel. With cloud hosting, there is no longer a need to submit support requests for a server reboot, reinstall or upgrade. Just log into your control panel portal and perform the necessary functions.
- Create virtual machines - choose a virtual machine from our template library of 91 operating system images. Give your new server a hostname and a password, set the machine's resources and you’re ready to deploy.
- Full root access - you have full root access to your server. Windows users will have full Remote Desktop administrator access.
- create and run cron jobs
- run your own nameservers
- full PHP and MySQL (or install whatever you would like)
- ..you can do everything on a cloud server that you could do on a dedicated or vps server
- Change virtual machine resources - it's easy to scale up resources for virtual machines whenever you need to. You can even attach additional disks and network interfaces to your virtual server if you need to. Our CentOS images even allow for dynamic, "hot" resource updates - meaning zero reboot updating for RAM, disk or CPU increase (although reboots only take a few minutes when needed).
- Analyze usage - interactive CPU and bandwidth graphs are available for each virtual machine. Click and drag to zoom into a specific time period.
- Transaction log - the cloud tracks every virtual machine transaction. Drill down to see specific details of all virtual machine and cloud activities such as virtual machine reboots, backup status and more.
- Take backups - you can take a backup of your virtual machine as needed. This is especially useful just prior to major system upgrades. Once you have verified your machine has been backed up, you can perform your upgrades. If things just didn't go as planned, simply restore the backup and you are back to your previously operational state.
- Clone virtual machines - if you hold an account level that allows multiple virtual machines, you can backup one of your machines and create an OS template out of the backup (sometimes known as a "gold" image). This is useful for cloning a perfect OS setup as you provision new virtual machines or when you need to clone one server and configure multiple virtual machines for load-balancing purposes.
- Virtual console access - you have full virtual console access for those times when your virtual machine may have encountered an error and is offline. You can access your console from any web browser, log in and fix the issues or reboot. This is really helpful when testing new firewall rules and you get locked out of the server accidentally.
- Create private networks - creating private networks between your multiple virtual machines is easy too. Simply add another network interface and select from any private IP addresses we have allocated to the cloud, configure the new network interface in your server and you are ready to go! You now have a private network between your machines that no server anywhere on the Internet can access.
- Reboot into rescue mode - this is a great utility for those times when you really have a system in trouble. You can boot into rescue mode, mount your disk and begin fixing the problem at hand.
- Reinstall - You can also reinstall your server if you just don't like the chosen OS or you just want to reinstall your applications on a clean installation.
- Absolute control over data - you do not lose control over your data when using cloud hosting at Netsonic. Your data is yours, whether you use our cloud platform, dedicated servers or our vps hosting. We just provide a stable and reliable home for your data.